We are seeking a Drupal/PHP developer with at least a year’s professional experience of working on multiple website development projects.
The successful applicant will work remote-first, but will be expected to work in our offices in Winchester from time to time, or participate in meetings with clients in the UK, when COVID-19 restrictions permit.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK when they apply.
This is a full-time position.
- Custom programming and web application development for Drupal and occasional WordPress development.
- Testing, maintenance and troubleshooting of existing sites.
- Working as part of a team to find solutions to website development challenges.
- Drupal 8-based web development.
- Experience of creating custom Drupal modules.
- Experience of Drupal theming.
- Experience of maintaining and administering Drupal websites.
- Practical experience of PHP.
- Experience of working with SQL.
- Knowledge and experience of object oriented coding.
- Demonstrable ability to work with team members and independently.
- Demonstrable ability to work remotely in a focused and reliable way, even when under pressure.
- Keen to learn, and to embrace emerging web technologies.
If you don’t feel like you currently fulfil all of these requirements, but are a keen to develop your skills, or feel you have other relevant expertise, then we’d still love to hear from you.
- Experience of working with Drupal 7.
- WordPress-based web development.
- Experience of creating (and extending) custom WordPress plugins.
- Experience of WordPress theming.
- Experience of maintaining and administering WordPress websites.
- We’ve been preferring Timber as a WordPress framework lately, so any experience of it, Lumberjack or similar would be beneficial.
- We’ve been using ACF Blocks to create custom content-editing experiences for the Block Editor, so if you have any experience with the WordPress Block API, that would be of interest.
- Experience of working with Laravel or any other PHP frameworks.
- Working with external APIs to enable websites to integrate with third party systems.
- Practical experience of working with Git for source control.
- Practical experience of working closely with front-end developers.
What we can offer
A baseline salary of £26k to £36k depending on experience.
You’ll get 20 days of paid holiday, plus discretionary paid holiday between Christmas and New Year. We say ‘discretionary’, but there hasn’t been a year yet since the company was formed when we haven’t done this. This holiday entitlement is in addition to UK bank and public holidays.
Also, we have a holiday bonus scheme that rewards Headscape people for long service. From your third year of employment onwards you’ll get an additional day’s paid holiday per year up to five additional days.
We’ll help you to build your knowledge and skills. Much of that will be from your new colleagues, but we’re happy to provide more formal training if that’s what’s needed.
We’re a small, close-knit team of professionals who care deeply about the quality of work we produce for our clients. We’ve built a supportive, caring environment, and we really do work well together. You’ll be joining a company with an incredibly low staff turnover – when people join us they tend to stay part of the family for many years.
We’ve partially home worked since we started the business in 2002. We still have an office in Winchester that we get together in, but sadly that’s not going to happen for a while.
We’ll provide you with a high-end MacBook Pro, and help with anything you need to have a comfortable, productive home working environment.
Please send your CV together with a covering email summarising why you think you could become a part of the Headscape family to [email protected].
Please provide samples of code from website projects you’ve worked on. Please include a brief description of any custom modules in any work you are submitting, and of your responsibilities for the work.
Being mostly a sea of straight white male faces, with a couple of notable exceptions, we particularly encourage applicants who would enhance Headscape’s diversity.
No agencies please.